Vince McBean is the Chief Executive of Clapton FC.  he acquired the club through a series of dubious and fradulent transactions

pitchero claptonfc.com clapton football club vincent mcbean the only official website for the Tons Founded 1878 The Old Spotted Dog Stadium pitchero claptonfc.com clapton football club vincent mcbean the only official website for the Tons Founded 1878 The Old Spotted Dog Stadium

pitchero claptonfc.com clapton football club vincent mcbean the only official website for the Tons Founded 1878 The Old Spotted Dog Stadium

The real Official Clapton FC website. This is not Vincent McBean's 'club' but the members club formed in 1877 as Downs FC. Join us and help remove Vince McBean from Clapton Football Club which he has turned into his personal business enterprise.CLAPTON
FOOTBALL CLUB

claptonfc.com  claptonfc.com pitchero claptonfc.com clapton football club vincent mcbean the only official website for the Tons Founded 1878 The Old Spotted Dog Stadium
You can't buy a real club, its history, or tradition

A CONCISE HISTORY
Formed as ‘Downs FC’ in 1877 Re-named Clapton Football Club in 1878
Founder members of the Southern League
Founder members of the Isthmian League (now Ryman League)
The First English Club to play on the Continent. (1890)

HONOURS LIST
FA AMATEUR CUP - WINNERS
1906/07, 1908/09, 1915/15, 1923/24. 1924/25
Runners Up 1904/05
ISTHMIAN LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1910/11, 1922/23.
Runners Up 1905/06, 1907/08. 1909/10, 1924/25
Division Two Champions
1982/83
ESSEX SENIOR CUP WINNERS
1890/91, 1924/25, 1925/26, 1954/55, 1983/84
LONDON SENIOR CUP WINNERS
1888/89. 1908/09, 1910/11 Runners Up 1988/89
ESSEX SENIOR TROPHY WINNERS 1988/89
ESSEX THAMESIDE TROPHY WINNERS 1982/83, 1983/84
A.F.A. INVITATION SENIOR CUP WINNERS
1965/66

Founded by W.R Davies at a meeting in his father’s house at 11 Queensdown Road, Clapton E5, August of 1877, Downs FC started playing on Hackney Downs. Three years later in 1880, and with a name change to Clapton Football Club, the Tons moved the short distance to North Mill Field, Leyton. Later that year the Tons were offered their first private enclosure at Elm Farm with a rental of £10 per year. They moved once more before settling at the Dog, to Pilgrims Farm, Walthamstow.

It was the founding of the London FA that introduced Clapton FC to the Spotted Dog, The Tons played an LFA Cup match against City Albion who had a pitch in the field just north of the Dog. The tenants of the Dog were St Bartholomew’s Hospital who were about to vacate, so Clapton obtained a lease from the owner, Mrs Vause. It was a bold step, the rent was £35 a year, whilst the club’s annual income amounted to £40.

The opening game at the Dog took place on the 29th September 1888 and the Clapton team beat a team from Old Carthusians by a goal to nil. The scorer was J.S. Sellars. The ground was a roped enclosure and the players changed in a barn in Upton Lane. Many games drew crowds of 4,000 or more, and several notable Ton’s players were recruited from those watching when numbers were short.

In 1892 a Southern League game was the first league match ever to be played at the Dog. Before this, only friendly and cup matches had taken place. The club continued to make strides and by the 1920s, Clapton were one of the foremost clubs in amateur football and won the FA Amateur Cup in five occasions. Over the years, numerous Clapton players have won international and county honours.

MORE ABOUT VINCE MCBEAN


CONTACT US

A SHORT HISTORY OF CLAPTON FC


 

 
Hit Counter
Hit Counter